|Scholarships In NIGERIA||APPLY NOW
|Scholarships In UK||APPLY NOW|
|Scholarships In CANADA||APPLY NOW|
|Scholarships In AUSTRALIA||APPLY NOW|
|Scholarships In SOUTH AFRICA||APPLY NOW|
|Scholarships In USA||APPLY NOW|
Start your study adventure anywhere in the world. Good news! Applications for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for PhD studies and provides the recipient with up to $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship.
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program grants fellowships for PhD applicants from developing countries to undertake creative, development-related phd studies under the supervision of a study consultant at a partner organization overseas through a 6-10-month residency span.
Professional experience: Fellows will work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers and will be offered training on cutting-edge research practices and technologies and engage with the World Bank operations. Depending on the nature of projects, they will have the opportunity to contribute to DEC’s published work and potentially co-author with DEC researchers, join field missions, and directly engage with our clients.
Capacity building: Fellows will receive a one-week technical onboarding at the start of the program, including training on reproducible research practices. Throughout the program, fellows will participate in periodic continuing education trainings and events, to further build skills. Through their work with DEC economists, fellows will enhance their ability to identify, study, and write about important development policy questions.
Research dissemination: Fellows will be invited to write a blog based on their fellowship research with the DEC researchers. This is an opportunity to showcase research and contribution to development policy discussions. Each year, the top 4 blogs will be published on DEC’s Let’s Talk Development blog.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): World Bank
- Study in: Any Country
- Courses Offered: Applicants will have the option to select in the application whether they would like to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides the recipient with:
- Totaling $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments)
- Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR will assist the selected candidates with visa applications by providing invitation letters.
Note: The fellowship does not cover visa application costs, travel expenses, or any other expenses to bring and/or support fellows’ family members.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries
- Graduates of MA level studies or currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30th of the year the fellowship starts);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail this scholarship:
The RSMFP application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- A resume,
- A statement of research interests: The statement of research interests should describe research interests and indicate the research programs of interest within DEC.
- Contact details for a letter of recommendation,
- A writing sample (optional),
- A code sample (optional).
All required documents must be uploaded online. Any documents an applicant provides by email, post or any means other than the online application form will not be reviewed.
To know more about Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program, please visit official website: